Tuesday, October 12, 2010

History Has Been Made

We are HUGE Texas Ranger fans at our house! This has been made quite clear in several previous posts. Tonight, the Rangers made history. They won their first Post Season series in the history of the franchise!

My dad was raised a Ranger fan, and therefore Tyler and I were raised that way as well. We've been watching the Rangers since before I can remember. And while it's been fun, it's usually proved disappointing. Not tonight! Tonight, a little after 10:00, Cliff Lee threw his last pitch to BJ Upton of the Tampa Bay Rays; a pop out to shortstop, Elvis Andrus. The series ended after 5 games. Games 1 and 2 were played in Tampa Bay, and the Rangers dominated. Games 3 and 4 were played in Arlington, where Tampa came back and tied the series. It all came down to tonight. I've gotta be honest...I didn't have much faith. I WANTED them to win, but I just wasn't sure if they could. Shame on me! With a 5-1 final, the Rangers are headed back to Arlington!

A few weeks ago, I decided it might be neat to go to the ALCS, if the Rangers were to make it. Jeremy, Tyler, Abbie and I were fortunate enough to have tickets to Game 3 of the ALDS. My Grandma Eva bought us tickets for Christmas, and it was a blast! But I knew that my dad would love to have the opportunity to see the Rangers in the Post Season. So when I got an email from the Rangers giving me the opportunity to purchase ALCS tickets, I just couldn't resist! We kept it a secret, and tonight I got to make a really fun phone call. There have been very few times that I've been able to successfully surprise my daddy, and I'm really glad this one worked out!

So Friday night, we'll be there! Hopefully to witness a little more history. The Texas Rangers have never won a Post Season game at home...ever. I'm really hoping they change that one Friday night! BRING ON THE YANKEES!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your team! I was rooting for them! BUT....I was raised a die hard Yankee fan...so I will not be wishing you luck on Friday :)I will, however, admit jealousy! haha! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete