Sunday, October 31, 2010


Today is Halloween.

Today is also Lorelai's 10 month "birthday!" I've not really had too much time to reflect on that today, but each time it's crossed my mind, all I can do is grin and shake my head. It's just so unbelievable!

I still remember New Year's Eve 10 months ago. I know I always will. Tonight I've had a little time to think about that night (while watching the Rangers:) ), as well as how much has changed since then. Lorelai weighed 7 lbs., 1.5 oz when she was born. Friday night, she weighed 21 lbs. On December 31, 2009, Lorelai Roxane was 19 inches long. At her 9 month checkup on October 8, she was 27.5 inches long. She didn't have much to say those first few days. Now there is never a quiet moment at my house. (Which I love, by the way)

Lorelai Roxane - December 31, 2010

Lorelai Roxane - October 30, 2010

Lorelai has changed so much just in the last few weeks! She is a pro at pulling up. She's absolutely fearless. A laundry basket, a couch, a toy, a drawer, a pair of legs. They're all fair game when she decides it's time to stand up. And she's always so proud of herself! She has to turn and make sure somebody is watching all the time. The girl can cover ground like nobody's business! As soon as she sees something she wants, she's off! Just this week, Lorelai's first tooth broke through! I am one proud Mommy. We're already working on number two! And Lorelai loves her Daddy! Just in the last few days, she really seems to have figured out what to call him. I'm always slow to credit her for a milestone, and I know that babys often say dadada and mamama without actually knowing what they're saying. But I feel like she's figured it out lately! It's so funny to see her face when Jeremy walks in to the room. She adores him!

Lorelai is my little soprano. After her bath this morning, she just sang and sang! Her face was incredibly animated as we walked through the house for a diaper. Eyes wide, mouth dropped open, loving the sound of her own voice. And who can blame her?! It's only the most beautiful voice on the planet!

I'm having the time of my life with my sweet baby girl. She's an absolute joy. I can honestly say that she is fun every single day of the week. I like to tell her that "Even on your bad days, you're still really good!" And it's completely true. I love her so very much! And it's amazing to me that every day I wake up with just a little more love in my heart for my precious baby girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment