Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Roger's Top Ten

I realize I blog a lot...maybe too much...about the Rangers. I just can't help it! I'm going to do my very best to make this my last Ranger post for a while. But I just couldn't help myself.

During the World Series, my clever father came up with a Top Ten Countdown that I thought was incredibly funny! So I've got to share.

Top Ten Reasons You Might Suspect You're a Rangers Bandwagon Jumper

10)     You don't know who Joaquin Arias is without searching the internet
  9)     You're unsure of how to pronounce (or even who is) Esteban German
  8)     You think TAG is just a silly kids' game
  7)     You think Salty is a type of roasted peanut, and a Teagarden is where an Englishman has his afternoon drink with crumpets
  6)     You weren't "throwing" the CLAW sign in June
  5)     You think you can make a Julio Borbon by mixing tequila and whiskey
  4)     You find yourself saying, "VLAD! How in the WORLD could you swing at THAT pitch?!"
  3)     You think, "Hey, who's that old bald guy sitting next to the former President? Is he some kind of secret service?"
  2)     You're thinking of buying tickets, in the left-field upper deck, for a 5 p.m. July 4 game next season.
  1)     You're worried because the Rangers are down 3 games to 1. RELAX! WE GOT THIS!

I thought those were so funny! Of course, the #1 reason proved to be untrue, but they proved time and again this year that you just can't give up on the Rangers. I'm already counting down to Opening Day at The Ballpark in Arlington on April 1, 2011. I'm still trying to talk my wonderful husband into taking his 8-month-pregnant wife to that weekend series. We'll see if I can convince him between now and then! I only have 5 months and 21 days left!

1 comment:

  1. I guess these would be funnier if I kept up better with baseball.
    I wear a yankees hat, because its cute, but I have never watched a yankees game in my life. That didn't keep my teacher from ignoring me in the call though... he threatened to fail another student who did the same thing. lol
    Pretty much the only thing that keeps me interested is that Cliff Lee is my best friend Cassie's cousin, so I think thats kind of cool and want him to do well.
    It so cute Nana and Pa have his bobble head in their living room.

    ReplyDelete