Thursday, March 15, 2012

Trek Hamilton - 10 Months Old

Happy 10 months Trek-man! It is blowing my mind that my sweet baby boy is almost a year old already! He is still growing like crazy.


See what I mean?! Trek is so much fun. He changes every single day. Here are just a few things he's doing this month.

Trek, at 10 months old, you:
  • weigh in at 22 lbs, and you are 29.5 inches long! You are wearing 12-18 month clothes and size 3 diapers.
  • still have no teeth! Just last week I really thought we were about to see some, but I was wrong! You're taking your time, just like your sister did.
  • are not very mobile. You are quite lazy, content to just sit in one spot and play all day long. Still no crawling, pulling up, or cruising. But if you are really after something, you usually find a very creative way to get to it.
  • are an excellent sleeper. You take 2-3 fairly long naps a day, and sleep 8-11 hours each night! Mommy and Daddy are VERY thankful for that!
  • have already had 2 haircuts, and you will soon need another one. :)
  • have the cutest little laugh! You do a sweet, low-pitch giggle when something amuses you, and you are constantly laughing big belly laughs at your sister.
  • are very much a people person. You do not like to be left alone, and you do not appreciate being ignored. Independent, you are not!
  • have struggled a little with your health. You seem to have some type of cold or congestion every 2-3 weeks. It makes us sad, but you are such a trooper!
  • can finally clap! Mommy didn't think you would ever be interested in it, but you started a couple of weeks ago. Maybe now we can work more on our signs! :)
  • are fascinated with shoes, feet, and anything with wheels. 
  • love dogs!
I could go on forever about our boy! Since it's been so long since a "Watch Me Grow" post, I feel like I am leaving so much out!

Just a couple of weeks ago, Trek and Lorelai started going to school full time. We were very torn over this decision, but it was one that had to be made. It was becoming a little too difficult for everyone's schedules to work with ours. It makes me sad that they're not with our family all of the time, but they are adjusting really well to school. Lorelai is loving all of the time she gets to spend outside! And she's a big hit with her teachers, since she's not afraid to open her mouth and tell them whatever she thinks they need to know! :) And I am really loving having them in the same hallway with me every day. I can go sneak a peek and steal a kiss whenever I want! We are more than thankful for the 2+ years that our families have given to care for our children. There is absolutely no way we could every express our gratitude, and we will forever be grateful for the sacrifices they've made for us and for our babies.

My kids are growing so fast! Way too fast for my liking! Lorelai is completely potty trained, and she is definitely entering her "terrible twos." While she's certainly not terrible, she is figuring out that she can try and bend the rules. Sometimes she's little Miss Defiant. But mostly she's still our sweet girl. She gives much more love, hugs, and kisses than she ever has before, and I am LOVING that! 

It's been said a thousand times before, but these kids change so quickly! If I blink, I miss it. I am so fortunate that I am able to spend so much time with them. Yes, I work...sometimes very long days. But I have holidays and time with them that others don't have with their children. For every moment, I am thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment