Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Essential Oils



Recently, I began adding to the homemade collection around here. I've been learning about Essential Oils from a friend of mine, but so far have only been able to buy 3 oils. I am VERY interested in learning as much as I can about oils and the benefits that they hold for our health and wellness. I can't wait to clean out our medicine cabinet and replace all of the junk we have in there with natural alternatives! The 3 oils that we are using now are Lavender, Peppermint, and Thieves. 

https://www.youngliving.org/pictures/default.jpg
Source
I use Lavender on my feet almost every night to help me sleep. I had been having trouble sleeping for several weeks before I got my Lavender. Now that I use the oil, I never have trouble falling asleep and staying asleep! I also use it on our bug bites to help with itching, and I recently used it on my babies to help with motion sickness in the car. Clearly, I love Lavender! 

I currently have Thieves Oil sprinkled on clothes in my air vents to keep viruses at bay. I put a few drops of Peppermint Oil in the back of my shower to help clear my sinuses and soothe coughing. I've also used Peppermint to bring down a fever in Lorelai, and it worked wonderfully! {She told people that I put vinegar on her to help her fever. She's got her oils and cleaning products a little mixed up.}

I'm working on a separate post about some other homemade changes we've made around here! I hope that if you've been considering adding EO's to your routine, that this will encourage you to get going on the investment! It is an investment, but I believe it's been worth it for us. And it will be an investment I continue to make for our family.

2 comments:

  1. I have really been considering this, please continue to keep me posted on how it goes. Becky is also starting to do oils. I think I might buy some with her when she does. You are right it is an investment though. :s
    Also I hear conflicting information about YL that I have wondered about. I'm sure it doesn't really matter though...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It turns out the purity and quality that REVIVE promotes is NOT actually true. While I’m all up for finding great deals on natural products, in this case, you truly get what you pay for. revive essential oils

    ReplyDelete