Monday, May 17, 2010

4 Month Doctor Visit

Lorelai had her 4 month checkup on May 7. I realize that was almost 2 weeks ago...don't judge me! I was excited to hear what Dr. Alexander would have to say about her growth, but I was also pretty nervous about her next round of shots. We were a little better prepared this time around. She had a little dose of Tylenol about an hour before we headed to see him, so she reacted much better this time.

Lorelai weighed in at 13 lbs, 10 oz! She's growing so fast! She got a good report on all counts. The child is 4 1/2 months old and has never been sick. What a blessing! After our short visit with the doctor, we went to the paint store to pick up Daddy and head to the clinic for shots. I still couldn't do it alone. Maybe next time.

We waited for quite a while, but thankfully Lo was just as pleasant as she always is! She actually did really well with this round. She had to take one dose by mouth, and that was pretty funny to witness. Next came the dreaded shots. Only 2 this time. The first one went in without a peep. But she did flinch just a bit and look at me like "What the heck is goin on, Mom!?" The second one was a bit more painful, but as soon as her daddy scooped her up, she was happy Lo again!

We trecked back to Granny's, where Nanny was waiting to steal her baby girl for the rest of the afternoon. My sweet girl did so well this time! I was definitely proud! We'll head to the doctor again at the beginning of July for round 3 of her shots. She's growing well, developing on time, and is extremely healthy!

Thank You, Lord, for my precious baby girl!

1 comment:

  1. Shots are so hard to deal with, Amanda. Cass was never bad, she never even cried for more than a minute, but I still make Scott go with me. Sometimes, especially when it involves pain, it's just better to have a Mommy and a Daddy present...even if it only benefits the Mommy. :)

    ReplyDelete