Friday, May 28, 2010

Beach Bound!

We're heading out on our first big adventure as a family this afternoon. At about 1:00, Jeremy, Lorelai and I, along with my parents, will load up our vehicles and hit the road for the beach! I'm so excited to take Lorelai to one of my favorite places. I have so many memories from the Emerald Coast growing up, and I can't wait to make more memories with her this week!

Tyler and Abbie will meet us down there Saturday night, and we will get to spend a few relaxing days as a family. Of course, things always have to be interesting for this family! Last night, Jeremy and Lorelai and I all loaded up to go see Granny and Gramps, and then to go to Wal Mart for some last minute things for the beach. We were prepared to come home and load the car with most of the things we would be needing for next week, when things got interesting! The car wouldn't start! At first I just assumed it was the battery, so I didn't really think it was that big of a deal. I figured we could get it to work enough to put a new battery in it before we hit the road. So I unloaded Lorelai, and we waited inside while Jeremy tried to get the car running. No such luck! Mark came over later to help. I'm pretty sure I saw him under the car at one point...not usually a good sign.

So this morning, the guys from the Chevy place in town came and picked up the car. Lord willing, it will be fixed by the time we leave town today. If not, we have an offer from Nanny to use her Tahoe, and also an offer from Granny to use her car. As frustrating as this may be for us, we are so very thankful that this happened last night while we were in our carport, and not halfway to Florida at a restaurant. Or worse, on the side of the road! God was looking out for us, that's for sure!

I'm so incredibly excited for this time that I get to spend with my family! I have been blessed more than words could every say with a fun, supportive, godly family. I could never ever say that enough! Look out, Florida! Here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment