Monday, July 12, 2010

"Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of His saints." Psalm 116:15

Death is hard. Death is painful. Death is heartbreaking. But I praise my Jesus that death is not the end! I have leaned on this hope so many times in the past, and He is faithful to let me lean on it again today.

I desire to bring glory to the Father in my every action, my every word, my every thought. Even when faced with suffering, we are to glorify God for who He is. I'm so thankful to be a child of God. How fortunate that He chose to place me in a family that placed such value on His Word and His church. How unworthy I am of His salvation and His mercies. I'm so grateful and so humbled.

Death has no sting for a child of God. What a beautiful promise! The sorrow may last for the night, but His joy comes in the morning. Praise God! Today is painful for us, and tomorrow will be as well. The next few months hold many tears of sadness for us. But we will never cease to praise His name for who He is.

He continues to prove Himself faithful, and His mercies are new every morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment