Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The Little Things

I'm starting to realize just how fast my days with Lorelai are speeding by. She literally does something new everyday. And I love it! I love watching her grow and change. I'm fascinated by her development and the ways that she's starting to interact with her world. I am absolutely loving every second of it! And it's making me very aware of the little things around me that I am so incredibly thankful for.

Last night was the first time since Lorelai has been here that we actually sat down, as a family, and had dinner. I even tried a new recipe! Go ahead, I'll give you a minute to catch your breath after that surprise....

So we enjoyed an evening together, just the three of us, with no distractions. Lorelai played in her highchair and entertained us. We laughed a lot. It was so great!

I understand that these days are flying by, and that we won't have many more of them. I want to enjoy them while they're here. So there will be many more family dinners to come. Whether it be my cooking or Dairy Queen, I'm not picky! I want to remember the little things.

I am so inredibly thankful for the little things.

No comments:

Post a Comment