Monday, June 7, 2010

More Vacation

Sunday and Monday were spent being completely lazy at the beach in the sunshine. It was fantastic! Jeremy's not a big fan of the beach, so he was glad to keep Lorelai at the house for the majority of the time. He and mom & dad took turns staying at the house with her so she wouldn't have to be in the heat for extended periods of time, but she did enjoy herself when she was at the beach!

This is how she spent most of her time at the beach



The water was absolutely beautiful Sunday and Monday! The water wasn't exactly calm on Sunday, so it was fun to swim in the waves and be a kid again:) The four of us kayaked for a little while, which was something I had never done. I enjoyed it! We tried to get Lorelai back out in the water Sunday, but it was another fail. The poor baby just wasn't a fan of the ocean! Monday was so wonderful! The water was very calm, and super clear. As we headed down to the water, Abbie spotted something swimming super close to the beach...a Manta Ray! All day Monday we got to swim with these beautiful creatures. It was amazing to be so close to something like that. I truly marvel at God's creation.

Sunday night, we all headed down to the beach for those cliche beach pictures. I think they were a success, but no one walked by to take our picture, and of course I forgot my tripod...so we never got a picture of all 7 of us! Sad day! After pictures, we trecked back up to the house for grilled chicken and steak. YUMMY! I love nights like that with my family!







No comments:

Post a Comment