Tuesday, March 23, 2010

It's here!!

I love baseball...plain and simple! I love watching games and talking about players. I love visiting the ballparks and sitting in the sunshine. I mostly love the Texas Rangers, even though they've done little more than disappoint the last few years. I knew baseball season was coming up, and I've been getting pretty excited. But I guess I didn't let it hit me that they're actually in Spring Training right now. Not until today!

My wonderful mother and I had lunch today at Pizza Hut in town. First, let me say that I find it odd that there are not 1, not 2, but THREE tvs in our tiny Pizza Hut! Why?! Okay..moving on. So Tom & Jerry is playing on the biggest tv, which, again, I find quite odd since there was no one in the place under the age of 15. And might I add that it was playing VERY loudly. So of course, my attention went there first, and of course, mom and I start complaining:) But as I slide into my seat to start eating, I glance at the back wall. And I see it...a reminder that something wonderful is about to take place! Atlanta and NYM are playing on ESPN in a Spring Training game!

Ahh...bliss! So look around. Breathe it in. Listen to the crack of the bat. It's here! Baseball season is HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment