Wednesday, March 10, 2010

A Sad Day for Mommy

Monday was a tough day for me. My sweet baby girl went for her 2 month check up at the doctor. Anybody who's ever had a baby knows that 2 months is a tough one...she got her first round of shots since leaving the hospital. I used to think it was sort of ridiculous that people got so bent out of shape about their kids having shots. Needles have never bothered me, so I didn't see it as that big of a deal. For all the times I've thought that, I'm sorry.

I made my mom go with me so I wouldn't have to be alone when she cried. Let me just say that I'm thankful for my mom. It was a pretty quick process; we were in and out of the exam room in less than 10 minutes. But it was a tough 10 minutes. My sweet baby girl, the one who has such a pleasant disposition and rarely cries, absolutely broke my heart! She got 3 shots in her legs, each worse than the last. I know she needed them and that they're great for her health and development, but I really just wanted to pick her up and take her home after the first one just so she wouldn't be in any more pain.

I wish I could have stayed with her for the rest of the afternoon, but I had to head back to work. That was super tough, but thankfully I have a wonderful family who really enjoys keeping Lorelai! So I dropped off a sad baby girl at Granny and Gramps's for the rest of the afternoon. There's no way in the world that I can express how grateful I am for my amazing family that God has blessed me with. Lorelai is so fortunate to have both sets of grandparents living in town, along with one set of great-grandparents. They took care of her Monday afternoon and Monday evening, and by the time we got her home, she was getting back to her old self again. Now I'm really dreading the 4 month check up...

On a much happier note, Lo is growing so well! She weighed 11 lbs. 9 oz. and was 23 inches long! I can't believe how big she is! She's starting to hold herself up really well when she's on her tummy, and her head control is improving constantly. I am so blessed. I just can't say that enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment