Monday, March 1, 2010

A Weekend of Firsts

Lorelai had a big weekend! She made her first road trip with the girls, stayed in a hotel for the first time, attended her first Feminar, shopped in a mall, and met her great aunts and uncles! Wow! Friday afternoon, Mom, Angela, Lo and I loaded up and headed to Longview for Feminar, an annual Women's Conference put on by Macedonia Baptist. After checking into the hotel, we headed for the conference to hear Mandisa sing before the speakers started. Mom was so proud of herself for getting us seats on the end of a row so that I could take Lo out if I needed to, but what the seating chart didn't show was the wall at the end of every row!! I thought surely when the women saw that I had a baby, they would just all shift down a few seats and let us sit on the aisle...no such luck! So after climbing over about 12 other women, we settled into our seats, and I took Lo out of hers to she could stretch out. That, however, didn't last long! Mandisa started singing and I quickly realized that this was going to be way too loud for my baby girl's little ears. So...I climbed over everyone yet again to go sit outside and wait for the concert to end. Once the speaker took the stage, I climbed over everyone with my baby one more time before intermission. Even after all of this, no one every offered to give us the aisle! So for the second half of the session, mom kept Lorelai outside so she wouldn't have to be scrunched up in her carseat or someone's lap.

She slept incredibly well for not being in her bed and not having her normal bedtime routine! I was VERY glad about that! Lorelai stayed with Grandma Eva and Mrs. Pat Saturday morning while we went to the last session. Here are a few pictures of her while we were getting ready.

My smiley girl!

After the conference, we all went to lunch at Olive Garden and then shopped for a while. When she'd had enough of shopping, we headed to Marshall to meet Aunt Sharon and Uncle Ron, Aunt Dena and Uncle Randy, and Uncle Ray, Chloe and Ashley! I was so glad she was awake and talking while we were there. I really enjoyed our visit with everybody!

Enjoying all of the attention


It was tough, but we got Chloe and Ashley together for a super fast picture!

Snuggle time with Uncle Randy. He put her right to sleep!
She was such a good baby this weekend! She never fussed or cried, and she let everybody love on her as much as they wanted. I'm truly blessed that she's this easy (right now!). I know the future's going to bring so many crazy moments, but today I want to enjoy my precious baby girl the way she is...perfect!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment